Electrochemical energy sources – batteries
Main research areas
- We are doing a top-level research in the fields of lithium-ion, and lead-acid batteries and the so-called post-lithium systems as sodium-ion or lithium-sulphur batteries.
- We analyse capacity, current and impedance properties of batteries using potentio-galvanostatic devices.
- We use the Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) technique for measuring of internal impedance (resistance) of a battery. We state the State of Charge – SOC based on this measurement and we approximately define the battery State of Health – SOH.
Main practical research results
- Products of custom and applied research, patents, utility and industrial designs.
- Publications in highly ranked scientific journals documenting the results of fundamental research.
- We cooperate with Czech and foreign research and commercial entities.
- We annually old the international ABAF (Advanced Batteries, Accumulators and Fuel Cells) and NZEE (unconventional electrical energy sources) conferences which are focused on renewable energy sources, and energy storage using electrochemical energy sources.
Main research publications
Výukový projekt (Studentský projekt)