This laboratory is used for the preparation and handling of materials that require an inert and dry atmosphere.
- This laboratory is used for research and measurements of materials for electrochemical energy sources. These are mainly Li-Ion, Ni-Cd and Ni-MH batteries, supercapacitors, aprotic polymer gel electrolytes for lithium-ion batteries, and electrochromic elements. The research is aimed at new materials development and optimization of their respective parts.
- Electrochemical methods (e.g. cyclic voltammetry or frequency analysis) are used to observe basic processes that describe the behavior of these materials at conditions similar to the conditions in a real battery. Materials sensitive to humidity are prepared and measured in glove boxes with a protective argon atmosphere.
- Five-channel Biologic VSP potentiostat including impedance spectroscopy
- Glove box MBraun LABmaster with an argon atmosphere
- Glove box Jacomex with argon atmosphere and an integrated dryer oven and fridge
- Spectrophotometer Heλios
- EQCM microweight